1. Name and contact details of the responsible body
CEO: Dr. Christian Schmitz
Martin Buber Str. 10
Tel.: +49 30 95 999 88 30
Fax: +49 30 95 999 88 59
2. Collection and storage of personal data; Nature, purpose and use
When using our services, the following information is collected:
• Title, first name, last name
• Telephone number (landline and/or mobile)
• If necessary fax number (if available and desired)
The processing of the personal data takes place on the occasion of your inquiry with us and is necessary for the mentioned purposes for the processing of your order and for the fulfillment of obligations from the underlying contract. The collection of personal data takes place:
• to identify you as a customer;
• to give you adequate advice;
• to fulfill our contractual obligations to you;
• to comply with our legal obligations:
• for correspondence with you;
• for invoicing or, if necessary, in the context of the dunning process;
• for the purposes of permissible direct mail;
• to assert any claims against you.
The personal data collected will be stored until the end of the statutory retention period for merchants (6, 8 or 10 years after the end of the calendar year in which the contractual relationship was terminated) and then deleted. By way of exception, this does not apply if we are obliged to store for longer periods due to tax or commercial storage requirements (according to HGB, StGB or AO) or if you have consented to an additional storage.
3. Disclosure of data to third parties
A transfer of your personal data to third parties does not take place. Exceptions to this apply only to the extent necessary for the execution of contractual relationships with you. This includes, in particular, the transfer to service providers commissioned by us (so-called sub-contractor) or other third parties whose activity is necessary for the performance of the contract (eg shipping companies or banks). The transferred data may only be used by the third parties for the stated purposes. The transfer of your data to other third parties is otherwise only if we are legally obliged to do so.
4. Your rights as an affected person
As person affected by the procession of data, have various rights:
- Right of Withdrawal: You can revoke your consent at any time. The data processing, which is based on the revoked consent, may then no longer be continued in the future;
- Right to information: You can request information about your personal data processed by us. This applies in particular to the purposes of data processing, the categories of personal data, if applicable the categories of recipients, the duration of storage, if applicable the origin of your data and, if applicable, the existence of automated decision-making including profiling and possibly meaningful information about their details;
- Right of rectification: You may request the correction to be incorrect or to complete your personal data stored with us;
- Cancellation: You may request the deletion of your personal data stored with us, as far as their processing is not required to exercise the right to freedom of expression and information, to fulfill a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or to assert, exercise or defend legal claims is;
- Right to restriction of processing: You may request the restriction of the processing of your personal data, as far as the accuracy of the data is disputed by you, the processing is unlawful, but you reject its deletion. You also have this right if we no longer need the information, but you need it to assert, exercise or defend your rights. In addition, you have this right if you have objected to the processing of your personal data;
- Data transferability: You may request that we provide you with the personal information you have provided to us in a structured, common and machine-readable format. Alternatively, you may request, as far as possible, the direct transfer of personal information you have provided us to another person in charge.
- Right of appeal: You can complain to the supervisory authority responsible for us, e.g. if you believe that we are processing your personal information in an unlawful manner. The competent authority for us is: Berlin Commissioner for Data Protection and Freedom of Information, Friedrichstrasse 219 – 10969 Berlin, Germany, Web: www.datenschutz-berlin.de
5. Your right to object
6. Data processing via our website
Also on our website https://evidentic.com the processing of certain personal data, including name, email address, as well as online ordering history and newsletter registration information, as they are voluntary provided by the visitor.
Evidentic undertakes the same data protection efforts and will only disclosure data to third parties as mentioned in 3. and you have the same rights than stated above (see 4. and 5.) Every access to our homepage and every retrieval of a file stored on the homepage is logged in server log files. The storage serves internal system-related and statistical purposes. To be logged: Date and time of retrieval and name of the retrieved file, Transmitted amount of data and message about successful call, Webbrowser and used IP address, requesting domain, Operating system used.
- Collection of data for the use of offers (e.g. orders, etc.)
If you want to make use of services offered on our website (e.g. ordering products, etc.), it is necessary that you provide further data. This is the kind of data that is required so that we can process the order placed by you properly and settle it if necessary. This includes name, company name, address, e-mail address, bank details as well as your specific order or concerns. Further information can be provided voluntarily. Such are marked accordingly by us. The collection or use of your data is for the purpose of fulfilling the order you have placed. Your data will be forwarded to the aforementioned purpose, if necessary, to our supporting service providers, which we have of course carefully selected. These can be service providers who help us with order fulfillment for instance warehousing products and shipping.
- Registration function
We offer you the opportunity to register on our site. The data entered in the course of this registration, first name, last name, e-mail address and password are collected and stored exclusively for the use of our offer or service to you. By registering on our site, we will also store your IP address and the date and time of your registration. Registration data will not be passed on to third parties. You undertake to keep your personal registration data confidential and avoid disclosing it to any unauthorised third parties. We cannot accept any liability for the misuse of passwords, unless we are responsible for said misuse.
- Newsletter registration
For requesting a subscription to the Evidentic newsletter, we use the so-called double opt-in procedure. To receive our newsletter, you need a valid e-mail address. By registering for our newsletter, we will save your IP address and the date and time of your registration. Further data will not be collected. Following your subscription request you will get a notification e-mail with an activation link. It is only by clicking this separate link that you confirm that you would really like to receive our newsletter. If you no longer wish receive newsletters from us, you can change your mind at any time. Each newsletter has an unsubscribe link for this purpose.
- Contact us option
We offer you the opportunity to contact us by e-mail and / or via a contact form. In this case, the information you provide will be stored for the purpose of processing your contact.
- Google analytics & Cookies
In certain cases, we use what are known as “cookies” (small text file that is stored on a user’s computer for record-keeping purposes.). You can configure your browser to display a warning before cookies are saved. You can also choose to dispense with personal cookies and the advantages that they offer. If you do so, however, you might not be able to use certain services.